Katsushi Inoue has been appointed as the President and Chief Executive Officer of Honda Cars India Limited, the local subsidiary of Japanese automobile company Honda Motor Company Ltd. Inoue is succeeding Hironori Kanayama who served since April 2012. Inoue has been associated with Honda for 29 years and has served as general manager at the company’s Tokyo headquarters.
Hiroyuki Shimizu is appointed as the new senior VP and Director (marketing and sales), replacing Shigeru Yamazaki, who has worked with Honda for over 25 years and in his last assignment, he served as director and vice-president in Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Honda Motor Company’s Founder Soichiro Honda had no formal education. He worked as a garage mechanic in Tokyo when he was just 15 years old.
- When he was 22, he started his own auto-repair business at his hometown.
- Honda’s plants at Yamashita and Itawa were destroyed by US bombings in World War II.
- He founded Honda Technical Research Institute in 1946 with just 12 men.
- The Research Team built and sold improvized motorized bikes. That was the foundation for Hero Motors. The first set of bikes were built using 2 stroke 50 CC. Their first model was nicknamed Bata Bata, for the sound it’s engine made.
- ASIMO is a humanoid robot designed and developed by Honda. ASIMO stands for Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility.
- ASIMO was designed to operate in real-world environments.