Karnataka mobile One m-governance model wins gold at world Government Summit in Dubai UAE .It is the fourth World Government Summit.
About Karnataka Mobile One m-governance model :
Aim: To increase the rural access for the App by bringing on board horticulture and agriculture services, including a link to e-market platforms for farmers.
- This is one of the biggest e-governance applications in the world, to win gold.
- It will bring over 4,000 services including government and private integrated platform.
- These apps can be accessed on smartphones a web portal or through SMS and IVRS.
- This app has been commended as India’s first M-governance model and there are plans at the Centre to swish it to the national level.
- Nearly 64 countries competes the condition of World Government Summit website out of which the e-governance apps of the Karnataka Mobile-One, United Kingdom and Kazakhstan were shortlisted.
- The total number of knock on Mobile-One had been 2.1 crore and there had 60 lakh calls on the IVRS.
- The Payments made on Mobile-One has crossed Rs 13.51 crore that includes utilities’ bill payments, mobile prepaid recharges and railway tickets.
- E-governance secretary of Karnataka’s – Srivatsa Krishna
- CEO of e-governance – Rathan U Kelkar
Capital of UAE – Abu Dhabi
- Currency of UAE – United Arab Emirates dirham
- Prime minister of UAE – Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- President of UAE – Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan