On November 17, 2020 Karnataka Bank Limited(KBL) launched CASA (current account, savings account) of FY21 mobilisation campaign, that will begin from November 17, 2020 to March 4, 2021
Objective of the Campaign:
- To enable the basic banking services to the unbanked(not use banks or banking institutions) sections of the society.
- To popularize bank’s digitally powered CASA products to the next level of customers on the basis of their requirements.
Aim of the Bank during the Campaign
i.The bank aims to mobilize over 4,10,000 current and savings accounts with a business value of Rs 650 crore, during the CASA campaign.
ii.With this campaign, the bank intends to introduce its attractive and superior line of digitally powered savings and current account products to its customers.
The TAB(Tablet ) banking to on-board SB-NTB customers (New to Bank), will also be used during the campaign
All the product is made to meet the needs and preferences of all classes of society from basic banking accounts to premium accounts
HDFC Bank’s Schemes & Initiatives
i.The bank has opened a Digi Branch at Bengaluru using technologies like Robotic Process Automation and Biometrics.
ii.Digi Branch enables the prospective customer to open an account online and self-generate a debit card within 20 minutes, without the need of the physical intervention of the banker.
iii.The bank also offers many savings and current account schemes with multiple add-on facilities / services, powered by various user friendly digital channels like Internet Banking, Mobile Banking (KBL Mobile Plus), etc.
iv.Under ‘KBL Suraksha’ group insurance scheme, the bank offers Personal Accident Insurance cover of up to Rs l0 lakh to its savings bank customers.
- It is to be noted that the bank has been focussing more on cost effective CASA funds. Now it is set to take it to a new high of 30%
- The bank has 859 branches across India, with more than 8000 workforce
What is TAB banking?
- TAB is a type of digital banking service offered by banks to open a new account.
- It is also called doorstep banking.
- It avoids the paper work like physical photographs and photocopies of KYC(Know Your Customer) documents.
Recent Related News:
On September 30, 2020 In order to support small businesses and drive demand through customer support, Google India has launched a nation-wide campaign, ‘Make Small Strong’.
About Karnataka Bank Limited(KBL):
Headquarters– Mangaluru(Mangalore), Karnataka
Managing Director(MD) & Chief Executive Officer(CEO)– Mahabaleshwara M.S.
Incorporated– February 18th, 1924
Tagline– ‘Your Family Bank Across India’