Kannada poet and playwright H S Shivaprakash has honoured with the prestigious Kusumagraja Rashtriya Puraskar and Latur-based Menka Dhumale was presented YCMOUs Baburao Bagul story writing award for year 2016 for her book “Korda Paus”.
Shivaparakash has given prestigious Kusumagraja Rashtriya Puraskar for his outstanding contribution to social and educational fields.
- The award is constituted by the Nashik-based Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open Universitys (YCMOUs) Kusumagra jaadhyasan (Chair), carries a cash prize of Rs one lakh, a memento and a citation.
- The award was presented by Akshay kumar Kale. He is the president of the 90th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan.
- His many poems were translated in various regional languages as well as in some European languages.
- YCMOU Vice-Chancellor is E. Vayunandan.
- Shivaprakash, who writes in Kannada and English languages, has nine compilations of poems in his name. He has penned 15 dramas.
- He had edited Indian literature of Sahitya Akademi and had also worked in Berlins Tagore Centre (Indian consulate).
- Kusumagraj, after whom the award is named, was a pen name of noted Marathi litterateur late V VShirwadkar, a Jnanpith awardee
About Kusumagraja Rashtriya Puraskar
Vishnu Vaman Shirwadkar popularly known by his pen name, Kusumagraj.
- He was an eminent Marathi poet, playwright, novelist, short story writer.
- He was born on 27 February 1912 in Pune, Maharashtra.
- He was awarded Sahitya Akademi Award in Marathi in 1974 and Dnyanpith Award in 1987