Kaleshwaram Irrigation Project launched in Telangana
Telagana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao performed the Bhoomi Puja for the Kaleshwaram Project
Venue: Kaleshwaram pump house located at Mahadevpur mandal in Karimnagar
Aim: Connecting the Godavari River through a series of barrages, reservoirs and enhanced irrigation schemes.
- CM stated that new formed Telangana state will get water from both Krishna and Godavari rivers as per allocations done
- The State proposes about 160 tmc of water using lift irrigation facilities by utilizing water from Pranahitha and Godavari at Medigadda in Karimnagar.
- Chief Minister expressed his dreams towards the projects and laid the foundation stone for the project.
- He insisted to complete the project within two years.
Districts would be benefitted from the project: Hyderabad, Yellampalli, Mid-Manair and Medak
- Chief Minister plan to ink a pack with Maharashtra Government to enable the state to get sufficient water for use in the project. Due to Construction of several barrages in Maharashtra upstream, there is deficiency in water flow into Godavari.
- Irrigation facility for 18 Lakh acres and stabilizing about 12 Lakh acres
- Proposed to develop three barrages on the river course at Medigadda, Annaram and Sundilla and reservoirs at several locations with barrages storing about 39 tmc and reservoir 150 tmc
Power requirement: 4500 MW to evacuate water through pump sets.
Telangana to set up Spices Park in Nizamabad
The Spices park will be set up in Padigal in Nizamabad district with investment of Rs. 31 Crore
- Servicing to farmers in Nizamabad, Karimnagar, Adilabad and Warangal
Total Areas covered: 40 Acres
Guest: Pocharam Srinivas Reddy, Minister of Agriculture and cooperation of State
Focus: On Turmeric Farmers, Eliminate Middlement and provide the farmers with affordable prices for the commodity
- The Agriculture Department is set for the Kharif Season
- Asked the farmers to grow Soya and maize instead of Cotton
TMC – thousand million cubic