- The Karnataka Swimming Association on Saturday announced the 32nd sub junior and 42nd Junior National Aquatics Championship is going to be held at the Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex in Balewadi, Pune, from July 13-19.
- Over 1,400 participants are going to take part, representing 28 states in different disciplines like swimming, diving and water polo.
- In sub-junior level age will be under 12 and in junior level it will be under 18 age groups, according to media release issued on behalf of the Swimming Federation of India.
- Hosts are Maharashtra, along with Karnataka .The largest contingents of over 120 participants each, belongs to these two states.
- There is also a grand trophy for the state winning the maximum point.
Award and Trophy:-
- These championships would also get a chance for the selection trials for the Upcoming 8th Asian Age Group Swimming Championships which is going to be held at Bangkok, Thailand, from October 1-7 2015.
- Around 100 races are going to be held in this championship and close to 300 medals are at stake.
- Glen mark Aquatic Foundation would also award up to 10 scholarships to young age group swimmers who have the potential for future excellence.
- The foundation also will reward the coaches of the winner with “Glen mark Swim Technique Awards – 2015”.