The Junior Asian Wrestling Championship was held in New Delhi from July 17-22, 2018.
- Junior Asian Wrestling Championship is conducted by United World Wrestling (UWW) annually.
- 18 countries participated in this championship.
In the Freestyle team :
- 18 teams participated.
- Iran topped the team championships with 189 points .
- India ranked second with 173 points and Uzbekistan ranked third with 128 points.
- India won 8 medals comprising of : 2 Gold, 3 Silver and 3 Bronze.
In the Greco Roman team :
- 15 teams participated.
- Iran topped the rankings with 225 points followed by Kazakhstan (2nd) and Kyrgyzstan (3rd).
- India ranked 4th with 129 points.
- India won 5 medals comprising of: 1 Gold, 2 Silver and 2 Bronze.
In the Women’s Wrestling team:
- 12 teams participated.
- Japan topped the ranking with 213 points followed by China (2nd) with 168 points.
- India ranked 3rd with 135 points.
- India won 5 medals comprising of: 2 Silver and 3 Bronze.
About United World Wrestling (UWW):
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Chairman: Nenad Lalovic.
- Founded: 1912.
- Membership : 176 countries.
The medals won by India are as follows:
|Sachin Rathi||74 kg|
|Deepa Punia||86 kg|
|Vishal Kaliraman||70 kg|
|Naveen||57 kg junior|
|Sachin Giri||79 kg|
|Suraj Kumar Kokate||61 kg|
|Aryan Panwar||130 kg|
|Kumar Sunil||87 kg|
|Viresh Kundu||97 kg|
|Divya Kakran||68 kg|
|Swati Sanjay Shinde||53 kg|