Travel site TripAdvisor has listed Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, Rajasthan as the world’s best hotel of 2016 in 25 best hotels list. It is one of the world’s largest private residences is named after the Maharaja Umaid Singh, grandfather of the present owner Gaj Singh.
- It serves as the principal residence of the Jodhpur royal family.
- The other Indian hotel that was named in the list is Orange County Resorts Kabini, Karnataka which was placed at 13th position.
Features of Palace:
The Palace is divided into 3 parts – the residence of the royal family, a luxury Taj Palace Hotel, and a Museum focusing on the 20th century history of the Jodhpur Royal Family.
- The place has an expansion over 26 acres of land which was built by the cluster of around 3000 people.
- It was designed by Edwardian architect Henry Lanchester with a mix of eastern and western architectural influences.
- The Place has 347 rooms which are managed by Taj Hotels.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace’s normal room priced starts at an average of around 50,000 per night.
Here are the top 10 hotels of World
|1||Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur||Jodhpur, India|
|2||Shinta Mani Resort||Siem Reap, Cambodia|
|3||Bellevue Syrene||Sorrento, Italy|
|4||Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa||Hanoi, Vietnam|
|5||Achtis Hotel||Afitos, Greece|
|6||Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons||Great Milton, UK|
|7||Mirihi Island Resort||Mirihi, Maldives|
|8||Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba||Palm-Eagle Beach, Aruba|
|9||Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa||Lance aux Epines, Grenada|
|10||Hotel Ritta Hoppner||Gramado, Brazil|
TripAdvisor is an American travel website company providing reviews of travel-related content.
- Founded – February 2000
- Headquarters – Massachusetts, US
- CEO – Stephen Kaufer