Self-regulatory body for the direct selling industry in India named JitendraJagota as the new Chairman in its new Executive Committee at the General Body Meeting held in New Delhi. Mr.Jagota will succeed RajatBanerj.
- Prior to his new appointment he is the Director Legal and Government Affairs, Avon Beauty Products India Pvt. Ltd has been has become the Chairman of the Association.
- The Rs 7,200 crore direct selling industry, which has been dealing with a complex regulatory structure, has been pushing for clarity from the government.
- The elected members of the Indian Direct Selling Association will each serve one-year term for financial year 2016-17.
Indian Direct Selling Association:
- IDSA was founded in 1986 at Mumbai by Amway, Avon &Oriflame, The Indian Direct Selling Association IDSA is an autonomous, self-regulatory body for the direct selling industry in India.
- It acts as an interface between the industry and policy-making bodies of the Government facilitating the cause of Direct Selling Industry in India.
- IDSA strives to create and further an environment conducive to the growth of direct selling industry in India, partnering industry and government alike through advisory and consultative activities.
- The Selling Body catalyses change by working closely with government on policy issues, enhancing efficiency and ushering in desired credibility, clarity & confidence in Direct Selling.