Chief Minister: Raghubar Das
Yojana: Bhimrao Ambedkar Awas Yojana
Launched for: Widows
Behalf of: 125th birth anniversary of B R Ambedkar
Special Features of the Programme:
- A target of 11,000 units (houses) has been set in the current financial year for the programme, he said adding Rs 80 crore has been earmarked in the budget for it.
- Rs 75,000 would be granted to build a house in districts in hilly terrains and Rs 70,000 in plains in three installments
- The widows would also get pension
- Commission for Schedule Caste would be set up soon.
Features of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar:
- Dadasaheb Ambedkar is the architect of Indian Constitution and Dalits Activist.
- Ambedkar had drafted the Constitution and its specialty is that even a common man could hold the highest post as it inspires to work rising above class, caste and creed, he said, adding its objective is to create equality and harmony in society, ensuring all round development.