Former International Cricket Council (ICC) President Jagmohan Dalmiya is all set to come back as the Board for Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) president. Dalmiya will be replacing N Srinivasan, in the board’s annual general meeting.
The path for Dalmiya was cleared after another former president Sharad Pawar failed to get a proposer from East zone. Dalmia has secured the support of the entire East Zone block, which comprises,
- National Cricket Club in Kolkata
- Jharkhand State Cricket Association
- Odisha Cricket Association
- Assam Cricket Association
- Tripura Cricket Association.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Dalmia was conferred with the International Journal of the History of Sports Achievement award in 2005 for his administrative excellence in global sport.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) was formed in December 1928 and it’s Headquarters is in Mumbai.
- Some of the trophies in India associated with Cricket are Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, Irani Cup, NKP Salve Challenger Trophy, Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy, Vijay Hazare Trophy, and Deodhar Trophy.