Former International Cricket Council (ICC) President Jagmohan Dalmiya is all set to come back as the Board for Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) president. Dalmiya will be replacing N Srinivasan, in the board’s annual general meeting.
The path for Dalmiya was cleared after another former president Sharad Pawar failed to get a proposer from East zone. Dalmia has secured the support of the entire East Zone block, which comprises,
- National Cricket Club in Kolkata
- Jharkhand State Cricket Association
- Odisha Cricket Association
- Assam Cricket Association
- Tripura Cricket Association.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Dalmia was conferred with the International Journal of the History of Sports Achievement award in 2005 for his administrative excellence in global sport.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) was formed in December 1928 and it’s Headquarters is in Mumbai.
- Some of the trophies in India associated with Cricket are Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, Irani Cup, NKP Salve Challenger Trophy, Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy, Vijay Hazare Trophy, and Deodhar Trophy.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification