Bollywood actress Jacqueline Fernandez has received the International Humanitarian Award at the second annual Asian Voice Charity Awards. These awards have been instituted by Asian Voice, a leading British Asian newsweekly.
- Jacqueline has been given this award for her humanitarian work in India and abroad. Since past five years, she has been closely working with a non-profit organisation called ‘Habitat for Humanity’ which builds affordable houses for poor.
- She received the award from C B Patel, Publisher-Editor of ‘Asian Voice’ newspaper and Chairman of the Asian Voice Charity Awards.
- English author and politician Jeffrey Archer, was given the Lifetime Achievement Award for his services to various charity organisations over the years.
- The award ceremony was compered by model Elena Fernandes.
- Rob Wilson, UK Minister for Civil Society was the Chief Guest at the awards.
The Charity Awards are not only about charities which seek to solve the most pressing social issues in Britain and globally, but also for those that seek to innovate, strive for excellence and whose success is judged by their end results.
Winners of Asian Voice Charity Awards:
|Start-up of the Year||One Kind Act|
|Social Impact Award||Graham Layton Trust|
|Most Inspiring Individual||Meenal Sachdev|
|Charity of the Year||Anxiety UK – Charity helping people with Anxiety|
|Excellence in CSR||Nationwide Building Society|
|Editor’s Choice Awards||Jeffery Archer (Lifetime Achievement Award)
Jacqueline Fernandes (International Humanitarian Award)
About Jacqueline Fernandez:
Jacqueline Fernandez is a model and actress of Sri Lankan nationality.
- She won Miss Sri Lanka beauty pageant in 2006.
- Fantasy drama film ‘Aladin’, released in 2009 was Jacqueline’s first Bollywood film.
- Since then, she has played leading roles in several Bollywood blockbusters.
- Besides acting in films, she endorses several brands and is also active in humanitarian work.