ITI Limited(ITI), the Indian telecom products manufacturing arm and Thalamus Irwine, Delhi based AI (Artificial Intelligence) Firm, have developed a first of its kind technology called Garuda Blockchain Platform for storing medical data on the blockchain. On March 25, 2021, they have demonstrated a working proof of concept (PoC) for the technology with 300 patients.
- The healthcare platform Garuda will accelerate the roll-out of the “One Nation, One Health Card” vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Objective: To bring blockchain technology to the healthcare ecosystem
- Under the Garuda Blockchain Platform, the very first PoC of the AI-based testing was conducted in Bengaluru and the second in Delhi airport.
- To provide data security, ITI has established a three-tiered security data centre where information of all the health cards of citizens can be safely stored.
- With this unique collaboration, ITI will be one of the first PSUs to store medical data on a Blockchain network and,
- India also came on the list of very few countries that have successfully demonstrated its ability to use blockchain in a healthcare ecosystem.
Process of Data storing under Garuda:
- It is an end-to-end digital health ecosystem where they have performed a sero-survey using an AI-enabled medical device and also compiled the analytics in real-time followed by storing that data on the blockchain network
About One Nation One Health Card:
‘One Nation One Health Card’ is an initiative by The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare under the National Digital Health Mission(NDHM) in 2020 to digitize health records of all Indians, making patient data accessible and inclusive in one card.
Specific Feature of the card:
Under the card, a person’s medical history, doctor consultations, diagnosis and prescribed treatment will be saved in a digital database. Hospitals, clinics and doctors will be linked to a central server.
Recent Related News:
According to the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) report ‘Asia-Pacific Personalized Health Index 2020’ developed by the Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies in partnership with Roche, India with a score of 36 was ranked at 10 out of 11 Asia Pacific Countries in terms of adopting personalized healthcare. Singapore topped the Index followed by Taiwan & Japan at 2nd & 3rd positions respectively.
About ITI Limited (ITI):
Establishment – 1948
Chairman & MD – Shri Rakesh Mohan Agarwal
Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka