The Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) commercial arm, New Space India Limited (NSIL) announced its first ‘demand-driven’ communication satellite mission as part of Space reforms announced by the government in June 2020.
- As part of this initiative, NSIL is undertaking its 1st demand driven communication satellite mission named GSAT-24, a four-tonne class Ku- band satellite.
- The entire satellite will be leased to Tata Sky for meeting their DTH application needs
- NSIL has the responsibility to build, launch, own and operate the satellite and provide services to its committed customer.
- The satellite is being built by ISRO and will be launched using Ariane-5 launcher operated by Arianespace.
- NSIL is envisaging the launch of GSAT-24 satellite during first quarter of 2022.
About New Space India Limited
It is a public sector undertaking of Government of India and commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation
Founded: 6 March 2019
Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Chairman and Managing Director: G Narayanan
About Tata Sky
It is an Indian direct broadcast satellite service provider
CEO: Harit Nagpal
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Founded: 10 August 2006
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification