In the list of Fortune 500 Indian companies 2015, State-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has maintained its No.1 position followed by Reliance Industries (RIL) in terms of revenue for the 6th consecutive year.
- IOC tops the chart with an annual revenue of Rs 4, 51,911 crore while Mukesh Ambani-led RIL’s revenue is Rs 3, 82,565 crore.
Top 10 Rankings
- Tata Motors with a revenue of Rs 2, 67,025 crore jumped to 3rd slot from last year’s 5th place by replacing Bharat Petroleum (BPCL).
- Country’s largest lender SBI moved to 4th position with an annual revenue of Rs 2, 57,289 crore, from 6th rank in 2014.
- Bharat Petroleum (BPCL) is ranked 5th with an annual revenue of Rs 2, 40,367 crore. It had grabbed the third spot in last year’s ranking.
- Hindustan Petroleum is ranked 6th in the list with a revenue of Rs 2, 13,380 crore.
- ONGC is positioned at 7th rank with a revenue of 1, 65,161 crore.
- Tata Steel is ranked 8th with an annual revenue of 1, 41,669 crore.
- Hindalco Industries is positioned at 9th with a revenue of 1, 06,897 crore.
- The IT giant TCS listed at 10th with annual revenue of 98,368 crore.
Overall the total revenue of firms has grown a merely 2.7% and profits fell 5.9% compared with 2014.
The ranking is based on total revenues of the organisation. Other individual parameters include year-on-year change in total revenues, net operating income, profits, assets, networth and dividends among others.
About Fortune 500 India
The Fortune India 500 list ranks publicly traded companies by their annual audited total income for the financial year ending on or before June 30. It is published annually by Fortune Magazine.
- The list has been publishing since 2010.
- Fortune ranks top players across different sectors ranging from banking, telecommunications, automobiles, consumer durables, pharma, FMCG, infrastructure, media, oil and gas, power, real estate, retail and among others.