Five Indian tech startups have been bestowed by the 3rd edition of the Next Big Idea Contest. It was jointly hosted by the Government of Ontario, Canada, Zone Start-ups India, Bombay Stock Exchange Institute and Amazon Web Services.
- Bengaluru based Lightmetrics Technologies Private Limited and Packal
- Delhi based Neuron and Swift File Transfer
- Thane based Survelytics
The winners were selected based on three criterions:
- Whether the business pitch has the potential to go global.
- Whether the contestant already has a footprint in North America.
- If the pitch sported an intellectual property with potential to go global.
5 Winners receive
The five companies win two-week incubation at one of the world’s finest centres at the Ryerson University – the Digital Media Zone (DMZ). The DMZ is ranked 1st in Canada and 5th in the world by University Business Incubator Index. Instead of this they will get:
- An all-expenses paid trip to Toronto.
- A 2-week bespoke program in Toronto.
- Opportunity to explore and discover Toronto’s Discovery District.
- Special recognition at the Canadian Innovation Exchange and other startup forums in Toronto.
About Next Big Idea Contest
The contest was started in 2013, with the objective of identifying tech startups from India and showcasing them in Toronto. This third Edition of the Next BIG Idea Contest saw 308 applicants contesting for the top slots.
- The Next Big Idea Contest 2015 was started July to discover India’s 5 most innovative technology companies looking to experience North America market and to develop valuable connections.