International Chefs Day is annually observed across the globe on October 20 to celebrate the Culinary arts and to educate the people about the significance of culinary professionals (Chefs).
- The day also aims to educate kids around the world about the importance of healthy eating.
- The day is observed by the World Association of Chefs’ Societies (Worldchefs).
- 20th October 2023 marks the 20th International Chefs Day.
The campaign of International Chefs Day 2023 is Growing Great Chefs.
- It was announced by Nestlé Professional and Worldchefs.
Note: In 2014, Nestlé Professional partnered with Worldchefs to teach children around the globe about the importance of healthy eating.
i.The day was founded in 2004 by Bill Gallagher, the then-president of the WorldChefs.
- He aimed to highlight the importance of passing on knowledge and culinary skills to the next generation of chefs with a sense of pride and commitment to the future.
ii.The first International Chefs Day was observed on 20th October 2004.
i.Through the campaign “Growing Great Chefs”, Nestlé Professional and Worldchefs aims to introduce the joys of cooking and the world of gastronomy to the children across the globe.
ii.They also created a toolkit packed with innovative recipes, an interactive game, and guide to start a garden.
- Children will learn how to grow their own ingredients, understand the value of fresh produce, and connect with nature by planting and caring for their own gardens.
iii.The campaign will also help children learn about different flavors, textures, and cultures through cooking.
i.In 2022, about 421 events were organised across the world and it was participated by over 3’700 chefs and almost 96’000 children.
ii.This initiative forms part of the Nestlé for Healthier Kids program (N4HK) of Nestle.
Recent Related News:
The United Nations (UN) International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed annually on June 4th across the world to recognise and acknowledge the sufferings and pain of children throughout the world, who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse.
About World Association of Chefs’ Societies (Worldchefs):
President- Thomas A. Gugler
Headquarters- Paris, France