INOXCVA (INOX India Pvt. Ltd) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Japan’s Mitsui & Co (Asia Pacific) Pte. Ltd with an aim to enhance small scale LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) applications development and provide stimulus to gas based economy in India.
- The two entities will also share technical and commercial expertise for establishing a virtual pipeline to service the growing demand of LNG in India.
- The MoU also calls for deployment of small scale LNG infrastructure including logistics and receiving facilities at customer end.
- The deployment of logistics and receiving facilities at customer end will help in increasing the penetration and consumption of clean, reliable and cost-efficient LNG.
- It will reach various users in the automotive, mining, shipping & rail industry all over India.
- The collaboration will help in making cleaner fuel more accessible and economically viable.
- The availability of LNG will help in creating a sustainable manufacturing ecosystem.
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG):
- LNG is natural gas that has been cooled to a liquid state (at about -260 Degree Fahrenheit) for shipping and storage.
- The volume of natural gas in its liquid state is about 600 times smaller than its volume in gaseous state and hence makes it possible to transport natural gas to places pipelines do not reach.
- It is used for various purposes such as heating, cooking, and generating electricity.
- Based on 2019 data, the USA is the largest natural gas producing country in the world followed by Russia & Iran.
- INOXCVA commissioned its 1st small scale LNG installation at the Halol Plant of General Motors, Gujarat in 2010. It has successfully 35 such facilities across India.
- It is one of the largest manufacturers of Cryogenic Storage, Re-gas and Distribution Systems for LNG, Industrial Gases and Cryo-Scientific applications.
Recent Related News:
i.On January 5, 2021, PM Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the 450 Km Long Kochi-Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline.
About INOXCVA (INOX India Pvt. Ltd):
It is part of the INOX Group
Executive Director – Siddharth Jain
Headquarters – Vadodara, Gujarat
About Mitsui & Co Ltd (Global):
President & CEO – Kenichi Hori
Headquarters – Tokyo, Japan