Ministry: Ministry of State for Science & Technology
Launched by: Minister of State for Science & Technology, Shri Y.S.Chowdary
Venue: New Delhi
- To train the next generation of medical technology innovators in India
- To develop innovative and affordable medical devices to augment unmet clinical needs of India
- It is developed under Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology supported Bio design Programme by M/s. Consure Medical, New Delhi.
- An incidental result from the Program Bio design is a Med-Tech innovation Program of DBT
- Implemented at AIIMS and IIT, Delhi in collaboration with International partners such as Stanford University, USA, Queensland University of Technology, Australia and Tottori University and Japan.
About Fecal incontinence (FI):
- It is a medical condition marked by inability to control one’s bowel movements, causing stool (feces) to leak unexpectedly from the rectum
- It affects nearly 100 million bed ridden patients worldwide
- Moreover, about 50% of the psychiatric ward patients have FI due to long-term neurological diseases
Absorbent pads and fecal drainage catheters are the only available solutions for this condition a need for a better solution was felt by the team.
The Real Inventors:
- Nishith Chasmawala and Mr. Amit Sharma have founded M/s. Consure Medical in 2012
- This Company has developed novel technology ‘Fecal Incontinence Management System-Qora’
- To address the clinical and economical implications of fecal incontinence by expanding indications for use
- To reduce skill level required to use a device
- To introduce a new level of care for patients outside the ICU
- QoraTM technology under DBT’s ownership has been granted in key markets, including US, EU, Canada, Singapore, Australia, and Japan.
- The QoraTM technology has the strength to expand globally and benefit more than 100 million fecal incontinent patients each year.
Government to launch a hub & spoke model to set up science cities and science centres
The union government will launch a hub and spoke model to set up science cities and science centres to support science and technology (S&T) incubators and create an environment
Presented by: YS Chowdary, Minister of State for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences
- Presented during Inauguration of ASSOCHAM Summit on “India: Entrepreneurial, Creative & Innovative
Speeches by Minister:
- Five Zones would be operated that each zone should have a science City
- Create a proper ecosystem attract many scientists from foreign countries
- Working on a system called ‘five year rolling plan’ to measure the plans and their implementation for both politicians and the bureaucrats
- Addressing Supply side related issues using information Technology tools
- Industry needs to improve the consumption side by creating an ecosystem
- Focus on preventive healthcare, infrastructure, human resources, finance and to prevent maintenance of warm bodies