At the International Shooting Competition held in Hannover, Germany, India’s top rifle shooters won 3 Gold and 2 Bronze medals. Abhinav Bindra, who got Gold medal in Bijing Olmpics, won both the individual and team gold in his pet 10 metre air rifle event.
Chain Singh won Gold medal in 50 metre men rifle and team gold in 10 metre air rifle event.
- The gold medal winning 10 metre air rifle team included Abhinav Bindra,Gagan Narag and Chain Singh.
- Gagan Narag won the Bronze medal in men 50 metre rifle 3 positions event and Apurvi Chandela won Bronze medal in women’s air rifle event.
- The shooting event featured more than 1000 shooters all over the world.
- All the medal winners will be seen action next week in Fort Benning for ISSF Rifle/Pistol world cup.
Information on ISSF or International Shooting Sports Federation
- It is the governing body of Olympics Shooting events in Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun categories.
- It was founded in the year 1907.
- Its headquarters is in Munich,Germany.
- ISSF president is Mr Olegario Vazquez Rana.
On Abhinav Bindra
- Abhinav Bindra, is an Indian Shooter, Wold and Olympic champion in the 10 metre pistol event.
- He was born on 28th September 1982 in Dehradun,Uttarkhand,India.
- In the year 2000, he received Arjuna award.
- In 2001, he got Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.
- Padma bhushan , was given to him in 2009.
- Indian Territory Army honored him with Lieutenant Colonel in 2011. He is the first and only Indian to have both World and Olympic awards at the same time
On Gagan Narang
- Gagan Narang was born on6th May 1983 in Chennai.
- He was the first Indian to qualify for London Olympics.
- In 2012 Summer Olympics held in London, he won Bronze medal in 10 metre air rifle event.
- He was awarded Padma shree in 2010, and highest honor Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.
On Chain Singh
- He was born on 5th April 1989 in Jammu and kashmir.
- He won Bronze medal in 2014 Asian games.