Current Affairs PDF Sales

India’s top 10 Police Stations for 2019 announced: Andaman tops the list

AffairsCloud YouTube Channel - Click Here

On 6th December 2019, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has released the list of best performing Police Stations across the country for the year 2019. Aberdeen police station from the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Balasinor police station from Gujarat and Ajk Burhanpur from Madhya Pradesh take the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places respectively. The grading system of the police stations comes after the directions of Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing the DsGP (State Police Chief) during the 2015 Conference held in Kutch, Gujarat.top 10 best police stationKey Points:

i.The aim of the grading was to select the top 10 police stations out of 15,579 police stations across the country by CCTNS (Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems) database, direct observation and public feedback. The best police stations from each state was shortlisted on the basis of Property offence, Crime against women and Crime against weaker sections.

ii.The police stations included in the initial selection were 3 from each state with more than 750 police stations, 2 from all the other states and Delhi and 1 from each Union Territory (UT), out of which 79 police stations were selected for the final stage of the process. The final stage includes 19 parameters from which the selection is being processed, these 19 parameters constitute 80% of the selection and the remaining 20% is from the infrastructure of police station, approachability of police officials and from public feedback.

Top 5 Police Stations from the list: You can also read from here, India’s Top 10 Police Stations for 2019

Ranking Police Station  State
1 Aberdeen Andaman and Nicobar Islands
2 Balasinor Gujarat
3 Ajk Burhanpur Madhya Pradesh
4 AWPS Theni Tamil Nadu
5 Anini Arunachal Pradesh

About Ministry of Home Affairs:
Formed- 15 August 1947
Headquarters- Cabinet Secretariat, New Delhi
Minister of Home Affairs- Amit Shah