Mangaluru girl, Srinidhi Shetty , was crowned Miss Supranational 2016 at a grand ceremony in Krynica Zdroj, Poland on December 2, 2016 . She also won the title of Miss Asia-Oceania.
- Srinidhi became the second Indian to win the title after Asha Bhat in 2014.India is the first country to win Miss Supranational twice in three years.
- Miss Supranational along with Miss World and Miss Universe is among the top three beauty pageants on the planet.
- The 23-year-old engineer, who studied in Bengaluru, beat 80 contestants to win the race.Unlike other pageants, the jury did not ask questions. Instead, the five finalists were told to ask one another questions.
- The Venezuelan contestant asked the winner what her biggest take away from the event to which she replied replied that being part of a multitude of women from different countries and religions, all of whom were vying for a common goal yet staying happily under one roof, was an enriching experience.
- That answer won her the crown that came with substantial prize money of $30,000.
Top 5 Winners
- Srinidhi Shetty From India
- Valeria Vespoli from Venezuela
- Jaleesa Pigot from Suriname
- Ornella Mariam Jayasiri Gunesekere from Sri Lanka
- Korinna Kocsis from Hungary
- Miss Photogenic went to Miss Suriname;
- Best Body to Miss Russia;
- Best in National Costume to Miss Vietnam;
- Best in Evening Gown to Miss Romania; and
- Top Model went to Miss Argentina.
- Other countries that made it to the top 10 were Myanmar, Belarus, Poland and Slovak republic.
About Srinidhi Shetty
- Srinidhi Shetty was born in Thalapady, Mangalore. She studied EEE B.E at Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College of Engineering, Jain University, Bangalore and completed it with distinction.
- She has also participated in Manappuram Miss South India and won Miss Karnataka and Miss Beautiful smile and later participated in Manappuram Miss Queen and won the title of 1st runner up and later, went on to walk the ramp for many designers.