India won 2 medals (1 Gold, 1 Bronze) in the 2020 Asian Weightlifting Championships held at Tashkent, Uzbekistan from April 16-25, 2021. The two medallists are – Mirabai Chanu – Bronze Medal in Women’s 49 Kg weightlifting & Jhilli Dalabehera – Gold Medal in Women’s 45 Kg weightlifting.
- With 2 Medals India finished at 8th Place in the overall table, which was topped by China, Iran.
- It was the 49th Men’s & 30th Women’s Championship.
- It is hosted by Asian Weightlifting Federation (AWF).
i. Saikhom Mirabai Chanu (from Manipur) lifted a total of 205 Kg to win the Bronze Medal in the women’s 49 Kg Category. She lifted 119kg in Clean & Jerk and 86 Kg in Snatch.
- Her lift of 119 Kg in Clean & Jerk is a new World Record.
- The gold medal in the 45-kg category was won by China’s Hou Zhihui (total lift of 213 kg), and the Silver medal was bagged by China’s Jiang Huihua (total lift of 207 kg).
ii. Jhili Dalabehera (from Odisha) clinched the Gold Medal in the Women’s 45 Kg Category.
- She lifted a total of 157 Kg for the Gold Medal. Philippines’ Mary Flor Diaz won the Silver Medal.
|Saikhom Mirabai Chanu||Women’s 49 Kg||Bronze|
|Jhili Dalabehera||Women’s 45 Kg||Gold|
About Asian Weightlifting Federation (AWF)
President – Mohamed Yousef Al Mana
Headquarters – Doha, Qatar