India’s Maharajas’ Express has been ranked among the top rated trains in the world, while The Plaza New York was rated among the best hotels for the super-rich, says a survey.
- The Maharajas’ Express’ train has redefined the luxury travel experience by offering guests the opportunity to explore fabled destinations providing a glimpse of rich cultural heritage of Incredible India
- It offers various travel packages with train fares ranging from around $3,000, and going up to nearly $24,000 (Rs 16 lakhs).
New World Wealth survey:
- The survey covers more than 800 millionaires around the world, released by South Africa-based wealth research firm New World Wealth, ranked the Bellagio in Las Vegasthe No. 1 hotel in the world among millionaires.
- The Plaza Hotel in New York City ranked second, followed by the Mandarin Oriental in London, the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Rock in Antibes, France, and Raffles Hotel Singapore.
- In favorite airlines category Singapore Airlines topped the list. Australia’s Qantas ranked second, followed by Japan Airlines, Germany’s Lufthansa and Air France.
- They preferred the Eastern & Oriental Express, which rolls from Singapore to Malaysia to Thailand and features sumptuous silk-lined cabins and stunning views of Buddhist temples, palm plantations and the famous Bridge over the River Kwai.
- The Blue Train in South Africa ranked second, followed by the Pride of Africa, which travels throughout that country.