Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off the Gatimaan Express from Delhi’s Hazrat Nizamuddin station, Gatimaan Express, India’s first high speed train, crossed its maiden trip of 188 Kms in 101 minutes.
- The train runs at a speed of 160 km per hour, covering the 184 kilometre distance between Delhi and Agra in 105-110 minutes. Gatimaan Express which is India’s first semi-high speed train.
- The Train coaches have been made at Kapurthala Railway Coach Factory in the Punjab and bio-toilets developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- There will be two sets of menu for vegetarian and non-vegetarian passengers apart from cakes and wafers.
Facts that you should know about Gatimaan:
- The cost of train is around Rs 50 crore.
- The train is equipped with a 5,400 Horse Power (HP) electric locomotive engine.
- The fare for the AC chair car of Gatimaan Express car750 and for the executive class, Rs.1,500.
- The Express will have Executive Class and Chair Car category of seats and also catering facility.
- The train features extra advance facilities like automatic fire alarm, emergency braking system along with the passenger information system and sliding doors inside the coaches.
Slowest Train India:
The Nilgiri Mountain Express with an average speed of 10 kmph has the distinction of being India’s slowest in India.
Longest Train in India:
Vivek Express is the longest route on the Indian Railways network, in terms of distance it covers 4,233 km and time, and is the 9th longest in the world.