On July 4, 2018, the think tank NITI Aayog announced that it is organising ‘MOVE: Global Mobility Summit’ in New Delhi on 7th and 8th September, 2018 in association with various ministries and industry partners.
Dignitaries participating in the Event:
- This summit will be inaugurated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi .
- The Conclave would include global CEOs and transport ministers from across the world. It will also see participation from countries like Netherlands, Slovakia, USA, UK, Netherlands, China, South Korea, Australia etc. and special Track sessions with Mayors and Governors from various major cities and capitals.
It will help drive Government’s goals for vehicle electrification, renewable energy integration and job growth and India’s transition to a clean energy economy.
- The summit will take place over 50,000 sq. meters of premium space across India Gate Lawns, New Delhi.
- It will have over 1,200 expected participants from across the world including Government leadership, Industry leaders, Research Organizations, Academia ,Think Tanks and Civil Society Organisations.
- The Summit will constitute of three designated components – The Conclave, the Expo and the Featured Events.
- The six tracks or themes for the Summit will focus on: Asset Utilization and Services, Comprehensive Electrification, Alternative Energy, Reinventing Public Transit, Logistics and Goods Transport, Data Analytics and Mobility.
- ‘MOVEMENTUM’, the Expo will feature exciting future technologies and cutting edge innovations in transformative mobility solutions.
- The Expo with be set within a futuristic ‘Smart City’, presenting an immersive experience of future mobility.
- It would also include Featured Events such as Breakout sessions, Fireside chats, Innovation spotlights, Hackathons, Mobility Pitch Competitions and Networking Sessions, ‘NITI Talks’, showcasing successful entrepreneurs from across the country.
- NITI Aayog has also been working towards evolving a National Strategy for Transforming Mobility, in the spirit of cooperative and competitive federalism, urging all States and Union territories to formulate state-specific comprehensive strategies by constituting respective State Task Forces.
- The Summit, hence, aims to encourage cooperation between indigenous industries such as Automobile Manufacturing, Information Technology, Electronics, Telecommunications and others, to integrate with global supply chains.
About NITI Aayog:
♦ Chairperson: PM Narendra Modi.
♦ CEO: Amitabh Kant.
♦ Founded: 1 January 2015.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification