Government of India (GoI) & Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) organised its first Global Ayush Investment and Innovation Summit (GAIIS) – 2022 held at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar, Gujarat from 20 April 2022 to 22 April 2022. The summit witnessed Letter of Intents (LoIs) worth more than Rs 9000 crore. The summit was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The event witnessed participation of industry leaders, academicians, and scholars to promote traditional medicines, and systems.
- The investment includes more than Rs 7000 crore from Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), Rs 1000 crore from Medical Value Travel (Heal in India), Rs 345 Crores from Pharma sector, Rs 60 crore from Technology & Diagnostic and Rs 300 crore from Farmers & Agriculture.
- The Summit was organized in line with Sustainable Development Goal Number 3 of promoting “Good Health and Well-being.”Also the summit will witness 6 plenary sessions, 8 roundtables, 6 workshops, and 2 symposiums.
The aim of the summit is to attract “lucrative investments” to build India as the ‘global Ayush destination’ in the world through agreements with international and national institutions
- The ceremony for the World Health Organisation (WHO) Global Centre for Traditional Medicine was launched at Jamnagar in Gujarat as the hub for traditional medicine practices, which will guide the world towards attaining better health and lifestyle.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) And Letter of Intents (LoIs):
i.During the event, a total of 12 MoUs were also signed between the Central Council for Research in Ayurveda Sciences (CCRAS), Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) and research institutes in India such as,
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Delhi
- IIT Guwahati
- Indian Council of Medical Research- National Institute of Traditional Medicine (ICMR NITM)
- All India Institute Of Medical Science (AIIMS)
- Council Of Scientific And Industrial Research (CSIR)
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education And Research (NIPER)
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS)
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
- The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (ICGB)
- The University of Trans-Disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology (TDU).
ii.Facilitated by the National Medicinal Plant Board (NMPB), Ministry of Ayush, more than 50 MoUs were exchanged between the farmers groups and industry. These will involve over 6300 farmers and the produce is expected to be 4.5 thousand metric tonnes through these agreements.
iii.Around five significant MoUs were signed in the presence of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- One among the International MoUs was signed between the Rashtriya Ayurveda Vidyapeeth (RAV), Ministry of Ayush and Fundacion de Salud Ayurveda prema (Ayurveda Prema Health Foundation), Argentina in the field of “the establishment of an academia collaboration in Ayurveda”. Which helps in creating audit certification bodies used for accreditation and continuous improvement in curriculum development in different Ayurveda courses.
- The tripartite MoU was signed between All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), Brazil & Brazilian Academic Consortium for Integrative Health (CABSIN), Brazil on the establishment of academic collaboration in Ayurveda. It will promote collaborations on research, advocating safety in the use of Ayurveda in Brazil.
- An MoU was also signed between AIIA, Ministry of Ayush and University Health Network(UHN), Toronto, Canada. It explores fellowship and graduate student training and mutual collaborations for training of medical doctors and allied health professionals etc.
- Fourth MoU was signed by the Ministry of Ayush for the establishment of the Ayurveda Chair at Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León (UANL), Mexico. Through this agreement, an Ayurveda doctor to be deputed in Ayurveda education in the university. An agreement was exchanged between Philippine Institute of Traditional and Alternative Health Care (PITAHC), Philippines and National Investigation Agency (NIA), Jaipur, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Ayush on cooperation in the field of Ayurveda and other Traditional System of Medicine to act as a credible source of Ayurveda-related information in Brazil.
- An MoU was signed between the Ministry of Ayush and Ministry of Defence to start Ayush facilities in over 35 cantonment areas across India. The Ministry also exchanged an association with the Ministry of Science and Technology to promote cross collaboration with CSIR for joint PHD programmes and for Mechanistic studies in Ayush.
iv.Ministry of Ayush has received LoI from 28 companies to invest Rs. 6000 crores
- More than 30 FMCG companies participated in GAIIS and is expected to create around 5.5 lakhs jobs and that will positively impact the lives of more than 76 lakh people.
- The summit focused on inclusion of medicinal plants in supply chain management.
- It also focused on biomedical engineering innovations.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced launch of Ayush Export Promotion Council and four Ayush ICT initiatives which includes Ayush Information Hub, AyuSoft, Ayush Next and Ayush GIS. Prime Minister also released a comic book named ‘Professor Ayushman’, which describes how Ayush systems and products helped in fighting not only COVID-19 but other diseases also. On this occasion, the Prime Minister distributed awards to the winners of ‘Ayush Start-up Challenge’ organised by All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) in association with Start-up India.
Recently Related News:
Surat (Gujarat) is set to become the first station to be ready between Mumbai – Ahmedabad Bullet Train route for India’s first futuristic High Speed Rail project, Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) Corridor.
- MAHSR corridor will cover 12 stations in total which includes, Surat, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad,
Sabarmati, Bilimora, Bharuch, Mumbai, Thane, Virar, Boisar, Vapi stations.
- National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. (NHSRCL) is the implementing agency for the project.
About Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH)
Union Ministry of AYUSH – Sarbananda Sonowal (Rajya Sabha Assam)
Ministry of State – Dr. Munjpara Mahendrabhai Kalubhai (Surendranagar, Gujarat)