Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) chairman Mukesh Ambani has topped Forbes’s annual list of India’s 100 richest tycoons with a net worth of $22.7 billion. The combined net worth of India’s 100 wealthiest is $381 billion, a rise of 10 percent from $345 billion in 2015.
|2||Dilip Shanghvi||$16.9 B||Pharmaceuticals|
|3||Hinduja family||$15.2 B||Hinduja Group|
|4||Azim Premji||$15 B||software services|
|5||Pallonji Mistry||$13.9 B||Construction|
|6||Lakshmi Mittal||$12.5 B||Steel|
|7||Godrej family||$12.4 B||Godrej Group|
|8||Shiv Nadar||$11.4 B||software services|
|9||Kumar Birla||$8.8 B||Commodities|
|10||Cyrus Poonawalla||$8.6 B||Vaccines|
About Mukesh Ambani,
Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani is an Indian business magnate who is the chairman, managing director and largest shareholder of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), a Fortune Global 500 company and India’s second most valuable company by market value.
- He holds a 44.7% stake in the company.RIL deals mainly in refining, petrochemicals, and in the oil and gas sectors. Reliance Retail , another subsidiary, is the largest retailer in India.
- He is the elder son of the late Dhirubhai Ambani and Kokilaben Ambani and the brother of Anil Ambani. In 2014, he was ranked 36 on the Forbes list of the world’s most powerful people and in 2010, he was included in Forbes’ list of “68 people who matter most”.
- As of 2013, he is India’s richest man and second richest man in Asia.As of 2016 Ambani has consistently held the title of India’s richest person on the Forbes list for ten years. Through Reliance, he also owns the Indian Premier League franchiseMumbai Indians.
- In 2012,Forbes named him one of the richest sports owners in the world. He resides at the Antilia Building, one of the world’s most expensive private residences. Its value is close to 1 billion dollars. As of 2015, Ambani ranked fifth among India’s philanthropists, according to China’s Hurun Research Institute.
- He has served on the board of directors ofBank of America Corporation and the international advisory board of the Council on Foreign Relations. He was the chairman of the board of Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, which is one of the leading business schools in India.
& Anil Rai Gupta
|$2.52 B||electrical equipment|
O P Jindal group Chairperson Savitri Jindal and Biotech pioneer Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw.
- The other two women on the coveted list include Wife of Havells founder Vinod Gupta and USV Pharma Chairperson Leena Tewari.
- The four women have a collective wealth of USD 11.28 billion while the total networth of all 100 in the list amount to USD 381 billion.
- Jindal has retained the tag of being the richest woman in India with a networth of USD 5.2 billion, according to the annual India rich list compiled by business magazine Forbes.
- Jindal was placed at 19th position, as her fortune increased with recovery in steel prices.