Indians were ranked 2nd among Bleisure Travelers across 31 countries as per the study of Booking.com. In 2018, 72% Indian travelers extended their business trips. Bleisure is a new trend which means business and leisure trips.
- Thai travelers were ranked 1st with 80%.
- Booking.com’s study revealed that Indian travelers were more than the global average (51%).
- The study was conducted in October-November 2018 among 53,492 respondents. It included 1,852 Indians across 31 countries who had travelled at least once in past 12 months.
- Two-thirds of Indian travelers, around 65%, travelled on domestic business trips. It was the highest, globally ahead of Indonesians (62%) and Chinese (62%).
- More than half of Indian travelers, nearly 58%, reported that they had been on an international business trip in 2018. It is more than double the international standard which is 25% and the highest among the 31 markets.
- 83% Indian business travelers rated business travelling 7 out of 10 or higher against 58% global travelers who gave similar ratings.
- 76% Indian travelers reported that they enjoyed their travel destination compared to 56% of global travelers.
- 55% expressed their concerns over the prospect of accommodations having received fake reviews and misleading photos while 53% felt anxious about their personal details being stolen or no confirmation of their bookings.
♦ Parent Organization: Booking Holdings
♦ Headquarters: Amsterdam, Netherlands
♦ CEO: Gillian Tans
♦ Country Manager for India, Sri Lanka & Maldives: Ritu Mehrotra