On November 8 2019, Indian Railways launched three applications namely “CRS Sanction Management System”, “Rail-road crossing GAD approval system” and “TMS for construction” for India to strengthen IT enablement of railways. It helps to ensure the proper monitoring of projects being undertaken by Indian Railways and boots the Digital India.
Three applications: –
i.CRS Sanction Management System– CRS Sanction is an important aspect in construction, maintenance and up-gradation of railway assets.
- Efficient preparation and processing of cases for CRS Sanction.
- Managerial reports to monitor the cases, comparative performance.
ii.Rail-road crossing GAD(General Arrangement Drawing)approval system–It is for online e-Governance platform to expedite preparation, processing & approval of General Agreement Drawings (GADs) related to the construction of Road Over Bridges (ROB)/Road Under Bridges (RUB).
- Accountability of Railways and State Governments/UTs is stable to each stage for approval of proposals.
- Real time coordination among the stakeholders (Railways/States).
- Complete proposal is targeted to be approved in a maximum of 60 days.
iii.TMS for construction- It is developed for new assets being constructed by the construction/project organization.
- Data validation at source, Ease in data entry and correction thereof, Easy checking/verification of data entry, and for every data ownership and responsibility is defined and fixed in the application design.