Among four persons who were conferred national honours in Singapore for their ”instrumental roles” in the continued growth of country’s business landscapes, Indian-origin businessman is also one of them. Gautam Banerjee, senior Managing Director at Blackstone and co-chairman of its Asia operating committee and also chairman of Blackstone Singapore was presented ” Public Service Medal” by President Tony Tam Keng Yam.
- As per channel News Asia report , Dominic Barton, Global MD for McKinsey and Company and Michael R Splinter, Applied Materials Chairman were awarded ”Public Service Star( Distinguished Friends of Singapore) award”.
- Paul Graham, Global CEO and CEO for Mainland Europe,Middle East and Africa for DHL supply chain was also awarded the Public Service Medal.
- The four award recipients played an important role in the continued growth of Singapore business landscape as according to a statement given by Economic Development board Chairman Beh Swan Gin.
- He further said that these four persons strong support has led to the development of new capabilities in their respective sectors and has created great job prospects for the people of Singapore.
- Mr Gautam Banerjee who left Mumbai when he was just 16 years of age, worked for the leading financial firm Pricewaterhouse Coopers PWC for more than 30 years and 9 years as its executive chairman till he retired in December 2012.
- Mr Banerjee was once nominated as member of parliament in Singapore, currently serves on board for Singapore Airlines Limited,Indian Hotels.Company Limited.
- Mr Banerjee is also vice chairman of Singapore Business Federation.
- He is also fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants in England or ICAEW and Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants ISCA.
- PWC is a multi national professional services network.
- PWC is worlds second biggest professional services network.
- Formed in the year 1998 by merging of Cooper and Lybrand and Pricewater house.
- Headquarters is inLondon,UK.
- Chairman isDennis Nally.
- Some other professional auditing services networks are Deiloitte,EY , KPMG etc.
- PWC has network in 157 countries with 1,95,400 people working as per 2014 statistics
Public Service Medal
- Pingat Bakti Masyarakatis the other name of this medal.
- It was instituted in1973.
- Its awarded to persons for their commendable public services in Singapore.
- The award recipients are entitled to use post- nominal lettersPBM.