Indian Navy Ship (INS) ‘Pralaya’ participated in NAVDEX 21 (Naval Defence Exhibition) & IDEX 21 (International Defence Exhibition) held at Abu Dhabi, UAE (United Arab Emirates) from February 20-25, 2021.
- Participation of INS Pralaya in NAVDEX 21 & IDEX 21 showcases the close relations between UAE & India.
- The defence relations between India & UAE is growing rapidly since the upgradation of bilateral relation to ‘Comprehensive Strategic Partnership’ in January 2017.
- The Inaugural edition of Bilateral Naval Exercise ‘GULF STAR – 1’ between Indian Navy & UAE Navy took place in March, 2018. The next edition of the exercise will be conducted in 2021.
- INS Mysore, an Indigenous guided missile destroyer made a port call at Abu Dhabi, UAE from February 19-22, 2021.
- It is the Middle-East Region’s leading naval defence & maritime security exhibition.
- It is organized by IDEX LLC in association with the UAE Armed Forces General Headquarters (GHQ).
- NAVDEX is a platform wherein International naval defence & maritime security companies showcase their technologies & services to an international audience.
- It is the only International Defence Exhibition and conference in the MENA (Middle East & North Africa) region.
- It is a platform for establishing and strengthening relationships with government departments, businesses & armed forces in the region.
- It is organized by Capital Events with full support of the UAE Armed Forces.
- It takes place biennially at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC), Abu Dhabi.
- It is the 2nd ship of Indigenously built Prabal Class Missile Vessels.
- It was commissioned in the Indian Navy in December, 2002.
- It has 30 mm close range guns, chaff launchers & long range surface to surface missiles.
- The ship was built indigenously at Goa Shipyard Limited.
- It is 56 m long, and has a displacement of about 560 Tonnes & is capable of travelling at speeds in excess of 35 Knots.
Bharat Forge signs pact with Paramount Group to manufacture ‘Kalyani M4’
During IDEX 21 held at Abu Dhabi, UAE, Bharat Forge signed an agreement with Paramount Group (South Africa) to manufacture ‘Kalyani M4’ – Armoured Vehicles in India.
- Kalyani M4 will meet the requirements of armed forces for quick mobility in rough terrain & in areas affected by mine & IED (Improvised Explosive Devices) threats.
- It offers a high degree of protection from ballistic & blasts up to 50 Kg TNT (Trinitrotoluene).
Recent Related News:
i.The Minister of State (MoS) Vellamvelly Muraleedharan, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) paid a three-day visit to United Arab Emirates (UAE) from January 19, 2021 to January 21, 2021 to focus on welfare of Indian workers in UAE.
ii.The 11th Edition of bi-annual, bilateral Maritime Exercise INDRA NAVY – 20 between Indian Navy and Russian Navy was conducted successfully from September 4 to 5.
About United Arab Emirates (UAE):
Capital– Abu Dhabi
Currency– United Arab Emirates dirham