India’s media and entertainment industry will reach a net worth of 2.20 lakh crores by the year 2020. A report by the FICCI-KPMG had predicted this net worth of the industry.
- The report also reveals that the industry’s revenue will be dominated by the advertisements contributing to almost half of the entire worth
- The revenue from ads has been estimated at 99400 crores by 2020
- The revenue was just 47500 crores in 2015 as against 41700 crores in 2014
- This was a 7% growth only in the revenues from advertisements
- The overall the sector grew by 8% to Rs 1.15 lakh crore in 2015 as against Rs 1.02 lakh crore of 2014
- The digital advertising would scale up to Rs 25,500 crore and contribute to 7% of total advertising revenues.
- Digital format would have the highest growth of 5% in the advertising segment between 2015-20, followed by Radio with 16.9%.
- Digital advertising is projected to be around Rs 8,100 crore and is expected to be around Rs 25,500 crore by 2020, while radio advertising would be around Rs 2,340 crore in 2016 and Rs 4,330 crore in 2020.
- Films are expected to grow at 5% CAGR and television medium at 15.1% CAGR