A food engineering research scholar from IIT Kharagpur wins prestigious International Plant Nutrition Scholar Award on Plant Nutrition.
Awarded to: K Ashok Kumar
About Ashok Kumar
He has been pursuing his PhD at the Department Of Agricultural and Food Engineering, IIT Kharagpur on nutrition management of rice-chickpea production system in laterite soil
- Awarded by: US-based International Plant Nutrition Institute
- Award: a cash prize of USD 2,000 and a recognition certificate.
Views of Ashok Kumar:
- The research will help us to use of organic fertilizer such as Vermicompost in right composition so that yield of rice-chickpea cropping system is increased by 10% as compared to use of conventional artificial fertilisers
- The organic fertilser application will enhance the nutritional & cooking quality of rice grain and chemical & biological properties of the acid lateritic soil
About the International Plant Nutrition Institute (IPNI)
Science-based organization dedicated to the responsible management of plant nutrition for the benefit of the human family
- Operating in January of 2007
- Headquarter: USA