Indian and Chinese troops meet on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh sector of Jammu and Kashmir for the ceremonial Border Personal Meetings on the occasion of 67th Republic day of India. Both the troops express their commitment towards enhancing the friendly relations and maintaining peace along boundary.
Key Highlights of the Meeting
- The military commanders of both sides Hoist the Flag and deliver speeches in which kindness and a spirit of friendship was reflected.
- Cultural Program showing the traditional culture of India was organized.
- The troops from both the country also wanted to build the treaties and agreements signed between the governments of the two sides to maintain peace and harmony along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- At the Chushul Moldo Meeting Point, the delegations were led by Brig R S Raman and (China’s) Senior Col Cheng Zheng Shan.
- At the DBO-TWD Meeting Point, the delegations were led by Col B S Uppal and (China’s) Lt Col Duanyug Kang.
- The meeting was held in a congenial and friendly environment.
- Soldiers from both the sides vowed to maintain peace and harmony at the border.
- Such sort of meeting marked an improvement in relations between border troops and will enhance the harmony between border troops
- On the occasion of India’s 67th Republic day both the countries vowed to maintain the dignity and peace of the border area.
- Home Minister of India- Rajnath Singh
- Defense Minister of India- Manohar Parrikar