An Indian born American biotechnologist Rupa Iyer has honored with University of Houston’s highest teaching award for her continuous and significant contributions to education in United States.
Award: “Distinguished Leadership in Teaching Excellence Award”
Highest award given in teaching
About Rupa Iyer
- Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies at the University of Houston’s College of Technology
- Having ten or more years of teaching experience
- Made sustained and significant contributions to education
After receiving the award the Rupa Iyer stated that it was enduring journey as successful International Graduate Teaching Assistant and privilege and honor to head the Biotech Programme at University of Houston’s College.
- He expressed that her students continue to inspired her and motivate her to get new ideas and strategies to develop and enhance their Academic Progress.
Qualities of Rupa Iyer:
- She has been working with strong commitments towards impacting students since she was selected as director of the Biotechnology Programme
- Incorporate hands on experience with problem based learning and teaching
- The students would synchronise with the teaching on diverse biotechnology systems and develop presentation skills
- Part of the college since 2005 as associate professor was named Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies in 2014
- Research in the field of Environmental Biotechnology and its applications in Bioremediation
- Honored with many recognition, awards and grants for her outstanding contributions
- Recommended for the Fulbright Specialist Roster in 2015 after the approval from US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and the Institute of International Education’s Council for International Exchange of Scholars