Indian-American NanditaBakshi has been appointed the President and Chief Executive Officer of Bank of the West.
- The new Chief Executive will replace Michael Shepherd as Bank of the West’s next President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and is expected to join the bank as a CEO-in-training on April 1 and will take the helm officially on June 1.
- Ms Bakhshi previously held several leadership roles at New Jersey based TD Bank, the most recent being executive vice president and head of North American direct channels.
- Currently she also serves on the board of the Consumer Bankers Association.
Bank of the West
- Bank of West founded in 1874, Bank of the West is a regional financial services company chartered in California and headquartered in San Francisco.
- The Bank is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas
- Bank of the West provides international banking services through more than 600 offices in 22 states and digital channels.Which has a presence in 75 countries with 185000 employees.
- Nandita Bakshi had graduated in History at the University of Calcutta and masters in International Relations and Affairs at Jadavpur University.
- Nanditahas rich experience in banking sector and had previously held several leadership roles at different top Banks in US.
- She is recipient of a New England News ‘Woman of the Year’ award in 2002.