RITES (Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways) signed a contract to supply 18 Meter Gauge 1350 HP Diesel Electric Locomotives to Myanmar Railways.
- India will supply 18 meter Gauge 1350 HP Diesel Electric Locomotives to Myanmar Railways according to the new MoU signed between India and Myanmar
- This supply will help Myanmar to meet increasing demand for passenger and freight traffic.
- The agreement was signed on March 4 at Naypyitaw, Myanmar
- These locomotives will be manufactured by Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi
- They will be designed with advanced features like microprocessor controls, fuel-efficient engine and ergonomic cab design etc
Points to note
- Indian Railway Minister- Suresh Prabhu
- Myanmar minister of rail transportation- U Nyan Tun Aung
- RITES MD & CHAIRMAN– Rajeev Mehrotra
- Myanmar Capital: Naypyidaw
- Myanmar Currency: Kyat
- Myanmar President: Thein Sein