The external affairs ministry has notified that India will host the 8th BRICS Summit from 15 October to 16 October 2016 in Goa.
BRICS- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
- Chairmanship –India assumed chairmanship of BRICS from Russia on 15 February 2016 and it will last till 31 December 2016.
Five pronged approach
- Institution building to further deepen sustains and institutionalizes BRICS cooperation
- Implementation of the decisions from previous Summits
- Integrating the existing cooperation mechanisms
- Innovation: New cooperation mechanisms on government-to-government, Track-II, business-to-business and people-to-people to tap the full potential of BRICS cooperation
- Continuity: Continuation of mutually agreed existing BRICS cooperation mechanisms.
Theme and Logo
- The logo for the Summit is a lotus having colours from all the five member countries and a traditional Namaste in the centre.
- The theme of India’s BRICS Chairmanship is Building Responsive, Inclusive and Collective Solutions.
Points to note
- 2015 venue of BRICS- Ufa, Russia
- Goa Capital- Panaji
- Union Minister of External Affairs- Sushma Swaraj
- BRICS bank(NDB) head- K V Kamath
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification