As per Hurun Global Rich List 2018, India has the third highest number of billionaires in the world after China and US.
About Hurun Global Rich List:
Hurun Global Rich List is a ranking of US-dollar-billionaires in the world
- Hurun Global Rich List 2018, ranked 2694 billionaires from 68 countries and from 2157 companies.
- Rankings are based on wealth calculations as of January 31, 2018.
Highlights of Hurun Global Rich List 2018:
Hurun Global Rich List 2018 identified 131 billionaires in India. With 31 new billionaires emerging during last year, India has reclaimed its third spot, which it had lost to Germany a year ago.
- With 819 billionaires in 2018, China topped the countries list, followed by US (571 billionaires).
- During last year, total wealth of billionaires increased by 31 per cent to US$10.5 trillion, which is equivalent to 13.2 per cent of global Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- Jeff Bezos with USD 123 billion wealth, topped the list, followed by Warren Buffet (USD 102 billion wealth).
- Among Indian billionaires, although Mukesh Ambani topped the list with USD 45 billion wealth and 19th rank, Gautam Adani (USD 14 billion wealth, Rank – 98th) witnessed fastest growth in his wealth (109 per cent in the last 12 months).
- 32 years old Shradha Agarwal, of Outcome Wealth is the youngest Indian billionaire.
- In India, highest numbers of billionaires (19 billionaires) are from the pharmaceuticals sector.
- The average age of all billionaires on Hurun Global Rich List 2018 is 63 years.
Hurun Global Rich List 2018 – Top 5:
|Rank||Name||Wealth||Main Source of Wealth|
|1||Jeff Bezos||USD 123 billion||Amazon|
|2||Warren Buffet||USD 102 billion||Berkshire Hathaway|
|3||Bill Gates||USD 90 billion||Microsoft|
|4||Mark Zuckerberg||USD 79 billion|
|5||Bernard Arnault||USD 78 billion||-LVMH|