During first ever visit by an Indian President India and Sweden inked six agreements. President Pranab Mukherjee is on a five day visit to Sweden & Belarus, started his visit on 31,May.
- MOU on Co-operation in sustainable urban development
This aims at dialogues and interaction on global sustainable urban development, exchange of knowledge, research and development and commercial relations regarding sustainable urban development
- MOU on Co-operatipon in the field of Micro Small and Medium enterprises
This aims at promoting partnership projects, institution to institution and enterprise to enterprise o-operation relating to MSMES, encourage exchange of information and experiences in policy setting and research on the development of MSMES, feasibility studies to identify thrust areas and opportunities for development of MSMES and facilitating exchange of business mission.
- Agreement on Visa extension for diplomatic passports
It is useful for citizens of India and Sweden who are having diplomatic passports.
- Memorandum of Intent between the Indian Council of Medical Research and the Swedish research council for health working life and welfare
This agreement signed for recording the intention of both institutions to cooperate in the field of ageing research and health.
- Memorandum of intent between India’s Central drugs standard Control organization(CDSCO) and the Swedish medical products agency(MPA)
This aims at increasing bilateral cooperation in the fields of Pharmaco vigilance, electronic submission in related matter, clinical trials, drugs, medical devices and diagnostic kits, cosmetic and hygiene products and exchange of information and experiences regarding good manufacturing practice.
- Letter of Intent between India’s earth system organization(ESSO) and the Swedish Polar research secretariat(SPRS) on collaboration in polar and ocean research
This Is to encourage collaboration in the areas of Polar and ocean research by conducting joint research and survey activities, enhancing scientific capabilities, exchange of information material on education ,training and research matters.