India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed surface-to-surface missile Prithvi II from a test range at Chandipur in Odisha. The nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile test was carried out from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range. According to the DRDO scientists, the missile hit the pre-designated target point in the Bay of Bengal with a high degree of accuracy. The missile carried a dummy payload weighing 500 kg and met all the mission objectives.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Prithvi II is the first missile to be developed by DRDO under India’s Integrated Guided Missile Development Program.
- The missile was inducted into India’s Strategic Forces Command in 2003.
- Prithvi has higher lethal effect compared to any equivalent class of missiles in the world.
- Prithvi is a unique missile today having manoeuverable trajectory and high level capability with field interchangeable warheads.
- Prithvi I – Army Version (150 km range with a payload of 1,000 kg)
- Prithvi II – Air Force Version (350 km range with a payload of 500 kg)
- Prithvi III – Naval Version (350 km range with a payload of 1000 kg)
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification