According to AfrAsia Bank Global Wealth Migration Review 2018, India is the sixth wealthiest country in the world with a total wealth of $8,230 billion.
Highlights of AfrAsia Bank Global Wealth Migration Review 2018:
In the context of this report, “Total wealth” refers to the private wealth (assets viz. property, cash, equities, business interests, less any liabilities) held by all the individuals living in a particular country.
- Global Wealth Migration Review provides insights on worldwide wealth and wealth migration trends over the past 10 years (up to the end of 2017), with projections for the next 10 years.
- India emerged as the “Best Performing Wealth Markets” registering 25% growth in total wealth for the year 2017.
- The report has projected that India will overtake Germany and the UK to become the 4th largest wealth market worldwide by 2027, mainly on account of large number of entrepreneurs, robust outlook for Information Technology, business process outsourcing, good educational system, real estate, healthcare and media sectors.
- With a total wealth of $62,584 billion, United States of America is the richest nation globally.
- Global wealth rose to USD 215 trillion at the end of 2017, marking a 12% growth as compared to USD 192 trillion at the end of 2016.
- Globally, there are around 15.2 million High-net-worth individuals (HNWIs), each with net assets of $1 million or more.
- As per the report, global wealth will reach $321 trillion by 2027 and Sri Lanka, India, Vietnam, China, Mauritius are expected to be the fastest growing wealth markets for the next decade.
Top 10 Wealthiest Countries:
|4||United Kingdom (UK)||$9,919 billion|
Quick Facts about AfrAsia Bank:
♦ Founded in – 2007
♦ Headquarters – Port Louis, Mauritius