The International Energy Agency, a Paris based organization will enhance its ties with India in the fields of energy data and forecasting, a step towards raising engagement in technology research and policy making.
|IEA||Paris, France||Fatih Birol|
|NITI Aayog||New Delhi, India||Aravind Pangariya|
- To promote co-operation relating to energy sector analysis and planning, energy sector modelling and forecasting and seeking broader dissemination of best practices of energy sector analysis, modelling and forecasting techniques and a strategy towards development of human resource in the energy sector.
- To conduct joint research and studies for contribution towards development of integrated energy policy, development of relevant technologies and in relation to global trends in pricing and supply of energy supplies.
The organizations have agreed to:
- Regular exchange of information to improve mutual understanding of the functioning of energy markets in the world
- Joint analysis and research projects, including energy policy analysis and energy sector and market analysis
- Exchange of technical know-how, experience and information concerning electronic gathering, processing and dissemination of statistical data, statistical methods, analytical techniques, and econometric models used to analyse energy sector trends and prepare scenarios and make future projections
- Any other areas of mutual interest agreed by the Parties in writing