The W20: The 20 Wealthiest Countries in the World – report by Johannesburg-based The New World Wealth, India is ranked 7th among the wealthiest countries in the world in terms of private wealth held by individuals.
- The New World Wealth is a research consultancy that tracks the global wealth sector. The value of total individual wealth in India – which includes property, cash, equities and business interests – is pegged at $3,492 billion in 2015.
The Wealthy List:-
|Rank||Country||Wealth in Billion|
India’s Wealth :-
Wealth refers to net assets of a person. It includes all their assets less any liabilities.
- The ranking of India as one of the top 10 wealthiest countries in the world is largely because of its large population.
- Over the past 5 years, China was the fastest growing wealthiest country in terms of dollar wealth growth.
- The study ranked the wealthiest countries in the world as of June 2016 in terms of total individual wealth held.
- India figures among the top five countries on per capita wealth growth between 2000 and 2015. India’s per capita wealth grew from $900 in 2000 to $2,800 in 2015, a jump of 211 per cent.