Online travel site Expedia‘s “2015 Vacation Deprivation” survey has revealed India as the 4th most vacation-deprived nation globally with 65% saying they feel very or somewhat vacation-deprived.
- 20% of Indians said that they are very vacation-deprived.
- UAE topped the list of most vacation-deprived countries in 2015 (76%), followed by Malaysia (73%) and Singapore (71%).
About Vacation Deprivation survey
The annual 2015 Vacation Deprivation survey is about vacation habits across multiple countries and continents. It was conducted on behalf of Expedia by Northstar, a globally-integrated strategic insights consulting firm.
- This survey was conducted online from October 6-22, 2015 across 26 countries of North America, Europe, South America and Asia Pacific among 9,273 employed adults aged 18 years and older.
Vacation habits of Indians
Globally, Indians are the most likely (61%) to associate vacationing a great deal with their overall happiness, followed by Thailand (56%) and UAE (55%).
- If Indians had more vacation days, most Indians (67%) would travel to new places (rather than favourite or usual ones).
- 54% of Indians would prefer more vacation days over a pay rise, the highest globally.
Further, the survey noted that vacations are considered important to travellers’ relationships with their significant others. This is particularly true in India (71%), Brazil (66%) and Mexico (65%).