According to a report released by StartupBlink, the Indian startup ecosystem, during 2017, ranked at number 37 out of 125 countries.
About StartupBlink’s report on startup ecosystem:
StartupBlink is a global map and directory of startups, coworking spaces, accelerators, investors and reporters.
- Startupblink report includes a global ranking index which has been compiled by measuring startup ecosystem strength and activity in 125 countries and 900 cities.
- The rankings have been compiled in association with ANSYS Startup Program and are based on thousands of data points gathered since 2014, including data collected by StartupBlink’s representatives in more than 70 chapters around the world.
- Entrepreneurs can refer the rankings to determine if a particular city has suitable business environment and resources needed to support their goals.
Highlights of report by StartupBlink:
- India’s 37th rank outlines that there is still much to be done in terms of ease of doing business, startup policies and easing tax compliance.
- Besides, Indian startup ecosystem is also yet to see major exits, which is considered as an important indicator of maturity of a startup ecosystem.
- In global ranking of cities, Bengaluru, New Delhi, and Mumbai are the top three Indian cities that have featured in the list.
- United States (US) has topped the global ranking index of countries, followed by United Kingdom (UK) and Canada.
- Among Asian Countries, Singapore (at 10th spot) has attained the highest ranking.
- Four African nations that have featured in the list are South Africa (38th), followed by Kenya (53rd), Egypt (54th) and Nigeria (57th).
Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking 2017 – Top 5: