According to a World Bank report India ranks 130 out of 189 countries in the ease of doing business, moving up 12 places from last year. India was ranked 142 in the ranking for 2015.
World Bank Rank – 2016
- China is ranked 84 and Pakistan is at 138th Pakistan in fact has slipped 10 spots from 128 last year while China has moved six spots in a year from 90 since the last report.
- Bhutan ranked 71st,Nepal ranked 99th,Sri Lanka ranked 107th, Maldives ranked 128th, Bangladesh ranked 174th.
India Rank :
India, which has a global ranking of 130, implemented two reforms during the past year said by World Bank’s Chief Economist and Senior Vice President Kaushik Basu .
- The biggest improvement was in the ‘Getting Electricity” sub component with India’s rank jumping to 70 in 2016 from 137 the year before in the 139 country ranking.
- The ranking is based on business environment in Delhi and Mumbai with 53 and 47 respective weight for these cities.
- World Bank President : Dr. Jim Yong Kim
- World Bank Headquarters : Washington D.C, US