In accordance with the 2nd edition of global research “Digital Quality of Life (DQL) Index 2020” released by online privacy solutions provider SurfShark, India ranked 57th out of 85 countries in terms of overall category “Digital Quality of Life 2020” with 0.5 index points which has been topped by Denmark with 0.79 points.
- The DQL Index 2020 analyzes 85 countries around the world covering 6.3 billion people or 81% of the global population in terms of five core pillars: internet affordability, internet quality, e-infrastructure, e-security, and e-government, and results are premised on 12 different factors.
Following tables shows the rankings of India and toppers in overall and 5 different countries:
|Digital Quality of Life 2020|
|1||United Arab Emirates (UAE)|
|1||United Kingdom (UK)|
|3||United States of America (USA)|
-India ranked lowest in the world in terms of e-infrastructure by occupying 79th rank.
-In regional front, Scandinavia has the most active internet users’ viz. 95% while Southern Asia is the least active region globally with only 35% of users.
– Among countries, Canada is at front with the highest digital quality of life in the Americas, while Japan takes the leading position in Asia. Among the countries in Africa, South Africa has highest quality of digital lives whereas New Zealand leads in Oceania.
-This 2020 DQL Index found that seven of the 10 countries with the highest digital quality of life are in Europe.
-People in 75% of the researched countries have to work more than the global average to afford the internet.
- 3 hours 48 minutes is a global average of working time needed to afford the cheapest broadband internet.
-49 of 85 countries experienced drops in mobile and 44 in broadband speed due to Working from home (WFH) amid COVID-19.
Recent Related News:
In July 2020, the report of Global Skills Index 2020, was released in which India was placed on following ranks:
- In the Data Science Domain India secured the global rank 51(lagging) and secured 12th rank in the Asia Pacific region.
- In the Business Domain India secured the global rank 34 (emerging) and secured 8th rank in the Asia Pacific region.
- In the Technology Domain India secured the global rank 40 (emerging) and secured 10th rank in the Asia Pacific region.
Headquarter– British Virgin Islands, United Kingdom (UK)