On March 28, 2017 Airports Authority of India (AAI) was awarded with Dainik Bhaskar’s India Pride Awards 2016 -17 for “Excellence in Infrastructure Development” in the category of Public Sector Undertaking. In addition to that, National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Limited also won the India Pride Awards 2016 -17 for “Excellence in Performance in the Power Sector” in the category of Public Sector Undertaking.
- Both the awards were presented by Union Minister of Communications (Independent charge) Manoj Sinha in New Delhi in the presence of Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari.
Receiver of the awards
- The award for Excellence in Infrastructure Development was received by Airports Authority of India (AAI) Chairman Guruprasad Mohapatra.
- The award for Excellence in Performance in the Power Sector was received by Shri A. K. Bhatnagar, Executive Director for PMI.
Airports Authority of India (AAI) plans for future
Airports Authority of India is planning to building new airports and increasing the capacity of existing airports due to the increase in rural people’s usage.
- Based on the Regional Connectivity (RC) scheme, 43 odd airports ready for flying by the dates indicated by the respective bidders.
- 25 new odd airports are to be built, which needs constant capacity up-gradation.
About Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India.
- It is founded on 1 April 1995 and headquartered in Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi.
- It manages a total of 125 Airports including 18 International Airports, 7 Customs Airports, 78 Domestic Airports and 26 civil enclaves at Military Airfields.
- AAI is chaired by Dr.Guruprasd Mohapatra.
About National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- National Thermal Power Corporation is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking founded on 7 November 1975.
- Headquartered in New Delhi, it is engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities.
- The Chairman of the sector is Gurdeep Singh and operated in 55 locations in India, one location in Sri Lanka and 2 locations in Bangladesh.